June 12, 2010

The Break-Up (Starring MandiCrocker & The Sweet Lovin' Man)

My dear, sweet readers...
I'm sorry I've been MIA.  SUPER MIA. 

Sadly, the Sweet Lovin' Man & I have broken up.  I haven't wanted to blog for fear I'd sound like a very pathetic Clare Danes a la 'My So Called Life.'  So I've just decided to 'be.'

It's a really good thing, I suppose.  Somedays it feels like the best thing in the world.  Other days it feels pretty sad, lonely & empty.  But at the end of the day, I know God's hand is in this.  I truly believe He started our relationship & truly believe He has ended it in His timing. 

The SLM & I are still very good friends and that's a blessing as much as it is hard.  But I know God's hand is in that, too.  I know down the road, once this awkward stage has passed, his friendship will continue to mean the world to me. We've had a really beautiful 2 & 1/2 years and I feel so blessed to have been able to call him mine for even that long.  So it's all good.

I promise to blog about fun stuff soon.  Because the SLM has always been Chicago to me, I'm really going ot have to re-learn the city.  Make it my own, on my own.  I view this as another adventure in my life and plan on taking you with me!  My 'boyfriend Sarah' is in town this summer studying with the Steppenwolf Theater and I'm living in Lincoln Park with my beautiful friend (and business buddy) Veronica so I've got a couple blessings/ partners in crime to start this adventure with... 

I view myself as very lucky and blessed.  I'm heartbroken but I can't help but be thankful for being made to feel like a princess for over two years.  Very few people are that fortunate.  I am soooo, soooo thankful for those memories.

So 'The MC' will be back with some more baking & blogs soon.  In the meantime, I plan to cry a lot, dry heave & get it all out.  I've learned over my life that feeling your feelings is a good thing!  To keep it all in is like poison.  But if you could keep us in your prayers, I'd really appreciate it.  This is going to force me to be courageous & to not shy away from life.  I could very easily eat a Giordano's pizza a night, watch TV & never leave the apartment.  But I don't want to be that girl.  I came here with intentions & will continue my plans to make a splash in this city.

Thanks so much, everybody.  Bake soon.  :)

Much love to you all,
MandiCrocker

4 comments:

Sarah B. said...

So sorry to hear it, Mandi. But your head is so in the right place already that I think you're going to sail through the tough part into the feeling-pretty-great part super fast! Hooray for you for being so zen about the whole thing...it will serve you well. I believe in you!

xo,
Sarah (I can't quite bring myself to call myself Groundlings Sarah since I just got the boot from that place, but yes, this is "Groundlings Sarah" :) )

MandiCrocker said...

Thanks, Miss! How about 'She's Too Funny For Groundlings Sarah' or 'She's So Funny & Talented It Makes Me Want to Barf & Kill Myself Sarah?' :)

Sorry to hear that, lady. You're brilliant-- you know that. You're already a working actor, a million amazing things will come your way, I've no doubt!

Horrible Marie said...

Mandi... the most amazing human being... the best example of faith... and the yummiest, even when not baking.

-Horrible :)

Sarah B. said...

Ha! Thanks, lady. I got to do the full year and a half run in the Sunday company, so I guess I shouldn't complain. Matt Kelley and I STILL talk about how dumb they were to let you go. But hey, looks like it was all part of your path to becoming MandiCrocker of MandiCakes!