October 13, 2010

Fall: Delicious Ambiguity

 I've been doing a lot of reflecting lately.  Actually, it's more 'being' than reflecting.  Reflecting involves thought.  'Being' involves nothing but staying present, staying open to accept what is good. 

And I don't want to think anymore. 
I just want to enjoy...


V and I were on our way to lunch when we noticed these dreamy Dr. Suess-esque plants.  I thought they were awfully whimsical and I didn't want to forget them. 



They're magical.
I wonder if they know!?


This is the pretty street I live on.  Just look at this one tree bursting with confidence in her willingness to change. 



 I stood under her leaves and wondered how she had the courage to do that.


I crunched the leaves beneath my feet and prayed for her fearlessness to rub off on me. 


 This is also my street. 




It gets sooo beautiful when the leaves fall off the trees in the wind.  They flutter down sparkling in the sunshine. 


I live right next to the train stop.  I live far enough away that the thunderous roar is charming in the background of our day to day activities at the apartment.   


There's a passing train! 


I really like my neighborhood. 


"Some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious ambiguity..." -Gilda Radner

Happy Autumn,
Mandi

No comments: