It is really gorgeous here. I know, I know, I know... I'm a broken record. I just cannot GET OVER Fall. In fact, I WON'T do it. It just makes me so happy. I feel like God pointed to me and personally delivered this seasonal soul-feeding and- oink, snort, oink- I am eating it up!!!
Some of my favorite things about it I've recently noticed:
- The windows rattling slightly when it gets windy.
- Sleeping in wearing my Halloween jammies (I bought the sexiest pair of Halloween pants at Old Navy for $5) and wrapping the blankets around me and hitting the snooze button repeatedly. (The epitome of sexy pants, I'm telling you).
- Pumpkins, pumpkins, pumpkins!!! I made my first pumpkin pie made with real roasted & pureed pumpkin at work the other day. Some guy said it was the best pumpkin pie he ever had. That makes me so happy I could barf fairies!! Not even that it was the best pumpkin pie ever... but because somebody purchased something I made with my own two hands. I take such pride in that!!
- Halloween, the changing leaves... these are just givens so I won't waste my time telling you what you already know... ;)
- Hot showers... V and I went to play tennis the other day & it got pretty chilly. When I hopped in the shower my red nose and cold feet were sooo happy because the water was so warm!!! :)
- My birfday!!! Speaking of... My boyfriend Sarah took me to Chicago Diner. She gussied me up first, though. I am Birthday Barbie!!!
As I told you before, my friends Dr. Beth & JT pimped my room but I can't show it to you. I will soon when it's done. They're awesome!!! And I put Christmas lights up in my room... Something about those little white lights make me so peaceful. I like my little safe haven. I like sitting here, typing away on my bed, Christmas lights a-glow being surrounded by my things. :)
When I woke up the next morning, Veronica had put up streamers and balloons.
And this is the orchid that Dr. Beth & JT brought me when they pimped my room. I'm going to do my best not to kill it as I do with most plants. It's sooo pretty!!! :)
Veronica's been such a blessing.
She's such a super positive goofball!
And I HAD to get a pumpkin to fill with candy!!
IT'S HALLOWEEN, I HAD TO!!!
I HAAAAAD TO!!!
Did I mention I have Halloween sexytime pants?
I also went to the Country Music Festival in Millenium Park. This picture looks like I am so far away but in all honesty, I was probably in row 8. That's Gretchen Wilson! Now Gretchen? She ain't never been the (Birthday) Barbie Doll type. (Baaahahahahahha!!! I kill me).
And this is why I won't ever use the zoom on my phone's camera!
This is me & V before waiting for the train to get to a comedy show. We went to a theater called The Playground (I think?) to see one of her friends.
It was amazing. Not because it was the best show I'd ever seen but because I always find a piece of myself, a piece of home that's been missing. I FORGET.
It's been soooo long since I've done improv or sketch and yet as soon as I see a show, my mind turns into a calculator of characters, phrases and memories where funny is the constant solution.
Comedy is attached to my bones, it just is. I was burned out in L.A. so I stopped performing. It's definitely time to reawaken that part of me again and surround myself with people that appreciate that about me. I've been performing since I was four. To not be performing is like taking a super soaker to the face of the gifts I've been given. It's time to stop drowning those gifts. Instead I'm going to set them on fire!!! :)
When V's parents were in town they took us to this Italian place. It was fantastic.
This is a pesto gnocchi.
(aka: green caterpiller bug bodies)
And this was a thank you to Dr. Beth & JT for pimping my room:
A caramel apple pie.
And finally, I wanted to share two new things I've made at work.
Homemade English Muffins!
We make breakfast sandwiches with a basil (crushed caterillar bug body) pesto.
Homemade english muffins are delicious!
And I also made profiteroles. Susina, the bakery in L.A. I used to work at, sold these but I've never actually made them before. I was really, really excited...
But these kinds of things excite me. :)
Anyway, woodchuck chuckers... I am so hungry I could eat my scrapbooks so I'm going to make a late night dinner and watching something goofy on tv.
And what's this!?
YOU CAN'T STOP THE SEXY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:) :) :) :) :) :) :)