February 08, 2016

Shooting For India

Did I mention I am going to India?

After all of the mental worry about the cost and seemingly selfish aspects of a potential trip to India-- especially before a wedding, my friend and fellow adventurer,  Stacey Osterman, took the decision making process away from me.  Such a nice thing for a tormented Libra!  In an unfathomable great act of kindness, this fellow wild heart used her airline miles to purchase a ticket for me.  There's more to it than that but I'll just leave it at this... She's friggin' AWESOME, dude.

She has taken the reigns on every aspect of our trip, something my vaccinated, visa dredged and wedding fried brain is incredibly grateful for!  We'll be visiting the Golden Triangle area which will include a few days in Delhi, Agra (home to The Taj Mahal), Jaipur (the pink city!), Jodphur (the blue city!) and we'll spend time in Rajasthan to visit an orphanage there.  Occasionally she throws out words like 'cooking class' or 'riding elephants' and my little grinch heart grows three sizes!!!

By clicking on the link above, you'll find that Stacey is an accomplished photographer.  Having recently purchased a Nikon D7000 for myself, we're both very excited to experience the heart of these cities and see what we can capture digitally. Unlike Stacey, I did not go to photography school.  Instead, I purchased an overwhelming camera that is going to take me years to learn because it was an amazing deal.  Ha!  With that said, I need help and LOTS of it!

I mentioned to her that everything here is eight feet of WHITE right now and how India, in comparison, couldn't be a richer sea of vibrant COLOR.  Not to mention the nearest photography school or class is probably 12,000 miles from our little hamlet in the mountains.  How could I possibly prepare for this technically and creatively?  Stacey, the patient teacher (which I keep forgetting to mention to her might be an inspired career path) has given me a photography challenge!  

THE COLOR CHALLENGE!

The assignment is to take and submit one picture for every color of the rainbow.  Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, etc.  What fun!!!  When it comes to creative projects, I'm much more focused when I have an assignment.  Endless possibility in life is great!  Endless possibility in art makes my head spin into space and the only art I have to show for it is the remnants of a two day maple bacon biscuit binge creatively displayed on my hips.  Yay!!!

So here are some of the photos I took when I was out on this challenge.  These photos are NOT my submissions but rather some extra photos.  They're also the duds I'm not submitting.  Because you're worth it.  ;)

Click to enlarge.


This is our fence to the Chicken Coop.
The snow has reached the top!


I bought these little mini cups at work.
I just can't get over how cute they are...
The perfect (and cutest!!!) buttered rum mugs.




Lliam says he doesn't enjoy this picture because
there's too much 'Spring' in it.  
#snowmobilerproblems



Winter is beautiful.


There isn't really any composition to this... 
I purposely overexposed it... 
But she's just so cute I had to... 
Look at her little nose freckles.
:) :) :) :) :) :)



This is the inside of 'The Beast!'  
Lliam built this 3/4 ton Dodge truck to working condition for me 
so I can get to work safely when it snows.  It's a TANK. 
I could run over children and wouldn't know it! 
Um... I might have.


This was almost the red submission but I know if it's too
underexposed/dark/lightproblemthingy?  
There's little light but I really like where that little 
light falls.  That's what makes it interesting to me?
I don't know.  Ha!



I really need to put our Christmas decorations away.
In the meantime...


This is the first time I've played around with the
Tokina 12-24 lens that came with the camera.
  A new favorite!



Hannah Honda looks like a sleek, new car 
in black and white with a 12-24 lens!  
You wouldn't even know that her front right splash
guard fell off and I ran over it in the dark!


Just playing with this lens to see what it looks like... 
Didn't plan on taking the 12-24 to India but knowing 
we'll be visiting so many structurally beautiful 
places, I think I'll kick myself if I don't!


Our beloved Chicken Coop just totally overwhelmed
in snow.



Our spice drawer... EESH.
"Nothing says 'I need to dust' like a DSLR!"
-2016 Stepford Housewife Slogan




And that's it!  On that note... I'm going to go dust.  *snickers*

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!
20 days to India and counting... (Holy crap)...

Mandi


No comments: