April 13, 2010

Working Hard or Hardly Workin'?

The answer to that question is:  WORKING HARD!!!  :)

BUT!  When you do something you're passionate about it feeeeels like you're hardly workin'.  :)  :)

I've got some MandiCakes staple items that I LOVE but then there are a few I've still yet to perfect.  Here's what I've been trying out...

BANANA CREAM PIE


For a gal that ADORES banana cream pie, it's a travesty I've never made one before.  Think a kiss of chocolate ganache, caramel pastry cream, banana pudding and a rum caramel whipped topping.

I couldn't help it!!
The devil made me do it!!!


I brought a couple pieces in to The Sweet Lovin' Man's office.  I sent him an e-mail a bit later to ask what the verdict was and he responded, "HAPPINESS."

That's a win!

I could eat a tub full of banana cream pie.  I think I have.

*cough*

MOVING ON!

  

RASPBERRY LINZERS




I just started making these because in a heart shape they're very pretty on Valentine's Day platters.  However, I recently got a request for circle shapes from a family friend for her birthday.  So I made some more.  They're as time consuming as finishing off a Giordano's pizza but well worth it. 




Typically, I'd take a chocolate chip cookie over a more tea-timey cookie anyday... but these are really delicious!  WORD.




PRETTY!





So that's about it, folks.  Just found I'm officially filed with the State.  Slowly but surely this is happening and I can't wait to CONTINUE working for ME!!!  :)  :)  :)

Happy Birthday, Dianne!

Wishes in raspberry jam,
MandiCrockCorn

4 comments:

A Tuscan foodie in America said...

OMG, are they called linzers here? These are typical tuscan cookies that are called "bull's eye", in Italian. I had NEVER seen them in the US.

I am telling you, the moment you open your bakery, my wife and I will be your devoted customers.

MandiCrocker said...

YAHOOEY!!! :) :) :) I LOVE devoted customers.

But now the pressure's on! You actually know what these are supposed to taste like-- I hope I don't disappoint! :)

A Tuscan foodie in America said...

well, for the moment I can tell you that they do look exactly as I remember them. Do you use different preserves here for the "eye"?

I think in Tuscany the traditional preserve for this type of cookies is apricot flavored.

stacy marie said...

want...i want...coming to chicago right now for...WANT!!