June 07, 2011

Low-Cal Stuffed Mushrooms!


Like-- omg, you guys... I LOVE stuffed mushrooms.  Like-- totally love them!

Buuuuuut... while you're on a diet and eating sooo much healthier, appetizers like stuffed mushrooms, which are usually loaded with breadcrumbs and cheese, aren't typically on the 'what to consume' list.

HOWEVER... being the creative genius that I am-- *cough, cough*--  I came up with a delicious low-cal version that I really enjoy.  IN YO FACE, CALORIES!!!  Super flavorful and delicious!  It's also 8,000,000 degrees in Chicago today and I thought, "What better way to celebrate the firey pits of hell-summer than to use the oven!???"  (Moron).

But look at these delicious caps of goodness!!!  Don't they look good?  Let me rephrase... If you're a mushroom lover (See what I did there, Dingy Dongy? ((She HATES mushrooms))), don't they look good?!!!!!  :)


Here's the scoop on how to make one serving!

Wash half a large package of portobello or white button whole mushrooms-- about 8-10 caps.  Break off the stems and throw those in a bowl.  Then line up the caps on a baking sheet.


Take these stems and a small-medium size clove of garlic and cuisinart that baby up.  (If you don't have a cuisinart dats cool just chop 'em up nice & tiny-like).


Take that ground up mushroom/garlic mixture & saute it with the most minimal amount of olive oil that you can.


Until it begins to brown a bit...


In a bowl, combine 1/3 cup of non-fat cottage cheese, the sauteed mixture, a light sprinkling of onion powder (about 1/16tsp) and two shakes of black pepper and cayenne pepper to your liking.

Mix it up real good and
then stuff those puppies!!!!



The seagulls in finding Nemo:  MINE. MINE. MINE. MINE. MINE. MINE


Bake in the oven on 350 about 20 minutes!

And finally, I'd like to put a call in to Delilah on my favorite easy lisening station...



A long distance dedication to these mushrooms...
Because I'm THAT weird...

Aaron Lines 'You Can't Hide Beautiful'





Some day a guy is going to sing this song to me.  (It's probably going to be John Corbett).  But in the meantime, I'm singing it to my mushrooms!!!  Join with me!!!  :)

Enjoy and In Joy!

Love,
MandiCrocker

No comments: