July 15, 2013

Deer Migration Territory

Today, my cousins and I were out & about and came home to find a deer right in the front yard.  She was incredibly close today.  We watched her for about 10-15 minutes and she watched us a bit, too. Deer aren't the brightest animals but they are certainly beautiful to watch...

 
A few moments later, Ginger comes up expecting her regular pets & scratches.  But when she sees the deer, she stops in her tracks.  She's got a HUGE decision to make... But as always, with the heart of 1,000 golden retrievers, she charges toward them to scare them away.  She's currently taking a WELL EARNED nap in the sun on our porch.  ;)


As Ginger was sleeping, two more deer hopped into the yard, prancing off one right behind the other.  And that's just Mazama.  You think you've experienced something cool and it just continues.  One night we were all eating dinner on the porch and these three bunnies were racing right in front of us, one behind the other, like they were being chased in a Tom & Jerry cartoon!  In the woods right in front of us, then twenty feet away, then in the middle... back and forth, back and forth.   One of the most surreal things I've ever seen! 

Mazama is in Deer Migration Territory so we see them everywhere, almost every day. 

I have friends that introduced me to spirit totems and I always find it fascinating.  Deer represent unconditional love, gentleness, kindness, grace, expansion, childlike innocence, sensitivity, intuitiveness and magical ability to regenerate.  They enter your life to help you walk the path of love with full consciousness and awareness, to know that love sometimes requires caring and protection, not only in how we love others, but also in how we love ourselves. The grace and gentleness characteristic of this spirit animal echo the qualities brought forth when living from the heart. When a Deer totem enters your world, they say a new innocence and freshness in about to be awakened. New adventures are just around the corner and there will be an opportunity to express the gentle love that will open new doors for you.

The beauty of these creatures alone is well worth the trip up the PCH but I'm most blessed to know that if these totems are true, which I choose to believe they are... I currently reside in 'Unconditional Love Migration Territory.'  I love the idea that love just keeps migrating toward me.  It can't be helped...

In this moment, that's a really beautiful and healing place to be, no?  :)

Much unconditional love from the mountains...
MandiCrocker

5 comments:

Brad said...

Hello Mandi! Just wanted to let you know that I have been enjoying blogs. Mazama looks and sounds like a beautiful place. One of my dreams is to drive the PCH. I now have another place on my list of stops.
Keep up the great writing. The pictures are always a bonus. If you are taking requests I would like to see a photo of a bear, please. Thank you. That is all.

MandiCrocker said...

Oh my gosh, you totally should do the PCH. It's soooo fun and beautiful!!!! Im going to post about it eventually. :) and thanks for reading, Bradford! As for the bear, does a blurry picture work? I might be running...

Brad said...

Haha! I just read the beginning of my comment. I love blogs. I want everyone to know how much I enjoy them. YOURS is particularly good.
Looking forward to the PCH post.

MandiCrocker said...

So crazy we were JUST talking about this... BUT I TOTALLY SAW A BEAR!!!!!!!! I SAW A BEAR, I SAW A BEAR!!!!! He was running up a hill and out of sight before I could get to my camera but I just couldn't believe it!!! Pretty cool... :) and thanks for reading blogs. If you read anything else I'm not sure I could take you seriously. ;)

Brad said...

What the what? That's awesome. I have yet to see a bear in the wild. The Adirondacks have really let me down in that department. I'll just live vicariously through your blogged adventures for now. I did see a groundhog in our backyard, so there's that.